Christina Sanchez – Stylist
An adventurer at heart, Christina Sanchez never stops being inspired. Her wanderlust has taken her from city skyscrapers to rugged deserts, fueling her creativity. Drawing inspiration from art, architecture and from her travels. She channels this creative energy behind the chair which has earned her a reputation as a forward thinking hairstylist and Davines educator in Southern California. She has contributed to her field by inspiring other stylists and assistants, teaching them not only solid techniques but new perspectives on honing their craft.
Christina has worked at New York Fashion Week on model prep for designers like, Oscar De La Renta, Stella McCarthy, Etro, Roberto Cavalli, Alexander McQueen, Dolce & Gabbana, Pucci, and Ralph Lauren for women and Dolce & Gabbana for Men, Michael Costello, Project Runway All Stars, and prepping for video shoots for S.R Education haircutting educational DVD series. She loves the craft of hairstyling and is passionate about innovating in the industry, which is why she has chosen to be a Davines color educator. As an independent stylist and Davines Hair educator, she’s made her home at Costa Mesa’s hub for fashion, photography, art, music and hair at Lotus Salon.
Christina exclusively features Davines Hair products, which embody her commitment to sustainable living, artistic expression and quality. Family-owned and from Parma, Italy, many of Davines products are zero impact and all are made with luxury ingredients using sustainable, ethical methods and renewable energy sources, creating harmony between personal style and the living world around us. Davines can be purchased from Christina at Lotus Salon.
Constantly looking to express herself creatively (and rescue unique pieces from the landfill), Christina also runs her own eco-vintage jewelry and housewares line Le Modern Trinket that is featured in several boutiques and handmade shows. She is heavily involved in and influenced by the arts, including French and psychedelic pop and the DADA and Bauhaus art movements. All of this can be seen in her hair styling, jewelry and other artistic outlets.
Education, Shows and Training
Because Christina loves the craft of hairdressing and is passionate about innovating in the industry, she is always looking for ways to educate herself on latest techniques in both color and cutting and the latest products. Christina also spends free time with a group of friends who collectively call themselves “hair heads” who teach each other new techniques that they have learned from various classes, sharing new learned skills with the whole group. Aside of her passion for education as an educator for Davines and her Davines educators updates she travels internationally for her personal education as a hairdresser.
- Davines: Color trainings, including invitation-only color class with Edoardo Paludo the Davines Color Ambassador in May 2012 – Hollywood
- Davines Color Code – invitation only with Davines Artistic Team member Megan Kelly – Red Bank,NY
- Sassoon Academy – Santa Monica
- Gerard Scarpaci ( master stylist/educator at Arrojo and co-founder of Hairbrained) attended hands-on razor cutting & editorial styling. – Sacramento
- Bumble & Bumble
- Davines World Wide Hair Tour –
- Angelo Seminara – Los Angeles, Paris.
- Cristiano Cora former Davines Visonary artist, owner or Cristiano Cora Studio/Academy in NYC and Schwarzkopf visionary artist. – NYC.
- Nick Arrojo -Los Angeles – Santa Monica
- S.R Education (Sally Rogerson) Los Angeles, one on one training Long Beach, Orange County.
- Tim Hartley Cult of The Cut (former international creative director of the Vidal Sassoon Academy) Charlotte, NC.
- Working with Sally Rogerson Education (former creative director for the Sassoon Academy)
- Master Certified Brazilian Blowout Stylist- Long Beach.
- Master Color Academy – Catherine Provenzano. Los Angeles.
- Davines – THE GATHERING
- Hands-on Styling/Finishing with Davines Session Ambassador Joseph DiMaggio
- Color Code with Davines Artistic Team member Megan Kelly
Who are your hair icons?
There are many. Tim Hartley, Vidal Sassoon, Mary Quant, Anna Karina, Bridget Bardot, Jane Birkin, Marianne Faithful, Audrey Tautou, Karen O, Françoise Hardy, Sylvie Vartan, Jean Seberg, Twiggy, France Gall, Joni Mitchell and Louise Brooks.
What are you known for?
Loving & collecting vintage items, desert dwelling, hiking, backpacking, nature loving, traveling, hitting up the flea markets, estate sales and digging in piles of junk at thrift shops, up-cycling anything vintage into trinkets for my line Le Modern Trinket, loving Davines,
What are your favorite albums?
That’s hard. Blonde Redhead – La Mia Vita Violenta, Brian Jonestown Massacre- Take it from the man, Destroyer – Destroyer’s Rubies, Electrelane- The Power Out, Sigur Ros – Agates Byrjun, Serge Gainsbourg – Vu de l’extérieur, The Happy Hollows-Spells, The Blank Tapes – Landfall, Tony Caro and John – All on the first day, Thee Oh Sees – Floating Coffin, The Range of Light Wilderness, Nirvana UK – Cult.
What’s your favorite vacation spot?
Desert dwelling explorer, the Sierra’s, Yosemite, Seattle, San Francisco, Asheville, Portland, Berlin, Brooklyn.
Who are some of your favorite artists?
Kurt Schwitters, Hannah Höch, Raoul Hausmann, Marcel Duchamp, László Moholy-Nagy, Naum Gabo, John Chamberlain, Clyfford Still, Robert Rauschenberg, Robert Montgomery, Jeff Soto, Kislow, Camille Rose Garcia, ROA, Pixel Pancho, Interesni Kazki, Aaron Kraten, Matt Linares, RIPO, Elizabeth McGrath and Tracey Emin,